Note: There are multiple ways to stream from Facebook
- Using the Facebook mobile app or desktop - clicking “live” from inside the native Facebook app will start a live stream. You’ll need to use a desktop browser to get the URL to the Live streamand configure it for use with Duzy. Once you start the stream, you’re effectively live on Facebook so you’ll need to configure the Live Stream in Duzy and distribute the DuzyLink quickly.
- Using RTMPS - Facebook allows cameras and applications capable of RTMPS to stream live on Facebook. You’ll need to initiate the stream so that Facebook lets you preview the stream (RTMPS only). Once the preview stream is active, you can get the Live Stream URL and convert it into an embed code for configuration in Duzy so that you can distribute the DuzyLink/
Note: There are multiple options for using RTMPS. Some are available as native iOS apps (StreamLabs, Cinemaker) and each comes with its own set of capabilities. StreamLabs will let you start a stream from your phone, Cinemaker provides a set of professional tools to coordinate multiple cameras through a director’s app on an ipad).
There are five (5) basic steps to Live Stream an Offer via Duzy (pictured below)
- Build a Duzy Offer - using the Duzy Admin, create an offer with your products (or campaign, leadgen or fees). Note: you should choose the “Embed Code” option and select "Facebook URL" from the drop down when creating your offer. Use a placeholder embed code until you’re ready to start streaming (since the embed of the live stream won’t be known until it starts). This will allow you to create and distribute the Duzy Link prior to the Live Stream event. Recommendation: do this before the day of your Live Stream event. The more you have setup before the live stream the easy getting live will be.
- Start the Stream - use one of the two supported Facebook streaming options (below). This will allow you to get the URL of the Live Stream.
- Configure the Embed Code in Duzy - Edit the Offer you created in step 1 and update it to use the Embed Code you created in Step #3. Make sure you update and save the offer. Copy the Duzy Link
- Distribute your Live Stream DuzyLink - Distribute the DuzyLink to your audience. The audience won’t have the Duzy Experience if they navigate directly to your Facebook page or link. The audience will need to use the DuzyLink (https://duzy.tv/l/….) in order to participate and shop or donate. Best Practice: paste the Duzy Link into the Live Stream comments and Pin the comment. It will stay at the top and your on-air talent can draw attention to it.
Recommendation: Update your live stream post with the DuzyLink and have your on-air hosts draw attention to the fact that this is an “interactive Live Stream” where the audience can buy or donate during the broadcast.