Facebook Live & Duzy In-Video eCommerce
Duzy adds In-Video eCommerce offers such as Shopping, Donating and Lead Gen to your videos. Duzy works with almost any video embed and that includes live video. While Duzy will support both ad-hoc & scheduled live video, each video platform’s requirements may differ; refer to the platform documentation as necessary.
Fast & Simple
If you already:
- know how to start and manage live video and
- understand how to use video embed codes,
- have already signed up for Duzy (https://admin.duzytv.com If you haven’t)
- Getting Started with Selling (Shopify & Woo) https://duzytv.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/360001659597-Setting-up-to-Sell
- Creating a Duzy Link https://duzytv.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/360001643678-Creating-a-DuzyLink
Here’s a simple overview of how you can make your live video support In-Video Shopping, Donating or Lead Gen.
Live Video with Duzy
Here’s what you need to do
- Create your live video in a Facebook Post – the URL to the post can be used in Duzy
- Create a new Duzy offer – choose “BUILD AN OFFER USING A VIDEO EMBED CODE" and use the default (preferred) "embed code" option from the drop down
- Distribute the Duzy link to your audience
- Add a note in your Facebook Post that includes the link to the Duzy link. This will allow the audience to access the In-Video eCommerce features (Shopping, Donation or Lead Gen). This can be done by adding the Duzy link in a comment and pinning the comment to the top so it doesn’t scroll off the screen and get ignored.
- Conduct your live video event and reap the benefits of using Duzy
- The Duzy link would continue work If you recorded your Live video and the video embed hasn’t changed after the event.
Note: Only the Duzy link allows your audience the interactive eCommerce features such as Shopping, Donating or Lead Gen. You must have your audience access the live video via the Duzy link. This can usually be done by adding the Duzy link to the video description or by pinning a comment that includes the Duzy link and a note for the audience to use it instead of the raw live video in the native video hosting platform. (i.e. the audience needs to use the Duzy link, not the Facebook live link or the YouTube live link or the Vimeo live stream link.) If your audience goes directly to the video hosting platform, they’ll see the video but not the in-video eCommerce offers.
Scheduled vs Adhoc (WebCam) Live Streams and Platform Specifics
Most video hosting platforms support Adhoc live video via a webcam or mobile (tablet/phone) camera. Some platforms put restrictions on how many followers you must have to do mobile or require additional software such as encoders. Please refer to your video platform documentation to understand the limitations of the platform. In any usage scenario, there is always a workaround for using Duzy but these limitations and requirements are video platform-specific, not Duzy imposed.
Note: Using a scheduled Live Video gives you more time to setup Duzy and to distribute the link to your audience.
Step by Step - What You’ll Need
- Duzy Admin – sign up for Duzy at https://admin.duzytv.com Follow the appropriate directions based on what you plan to do
- Facebook Account– you’ll need to go live from a Facebook account.
- Camera (and Encoder) – Facebook requires a stream key or paired encoder when scheduling live events (as of April 2020). For more information see the platform documentation below.
- Schedule a Live Video Broadcast https://www.facebook.com/help/publisher/2087325741287572
- Connect your encoder
Note: StreamLabs OBS is an encoder and simple way to stream and is supported by Facebook and others
- How to go Live on Mobile
Note: You’ll still need a desktop so that you can get the Facebook Post of the live Facebook Post in order to create your Duzy offer & link
- Desktop – Ensure that you’re logged into both Duzy and Facebook to make it easy to copy the Facebook Post URL into the new Duzy offer.
Steps to Setup Facebook Live with Duzy
This assumes you have everything in “what you’ll need” (above)
1. Create your live video in a new Facebook post and get the URL for the Facebook post associated with the Live Video
a. Scheduled Live Video Broadcast https://www.facebook.com/help/publisher/2087325741287572
b. Going live on mobile https://www.facebook.com/help/publisher/1884140525218868
c. Using Live Producer https://www.facebook.com/help/publisher/593310264553282
2. Copy the video embed – this will be used in step #3
3. Build Your Offer in the Duzy Admin using the video embed
Please refer to the “Build a Duzy Offer using a Video Embed” for instructions to associate items for sale to your Facebook Live video.
4. Update your video’s description and include the Duzy link.
Be sure to the Duzy Link to the video’s description so that your audience knows how they can get to the In-Video shopping/Donating/lead gen version of the live stream.
On Facebook, you can add a comment and pin it to the top. Add a comment directing your audience to access the Duzy link so that they can access the In-Video eCommerce offer while watching the live video.
5. Distribute Your Offer to your audience
Your audience can only access the live In-Vide eCommerce offers via the Duzy link.
Please refer to Distributing Duzy Links for guidance on how to send the Duzy link to your audience https://duzytv.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/360001643658-Distributing-DuzyLinks